Tragic Fire in Mount Vernon

Share this post!

Tragic Fire in Mount Vernon

The Craft Stove and Hanson’s Furniture buildings were both completely destroyed in a fire over the weekend in Mount Vernon. Mount Vernon fire responded in the early morning to what ended up being a four alarm fire with damage estimates topping $1.5M.

We are saddened by this news. Bob Shupe of Cleaner Guys serves on the SICBA board with Ben Sousa of Craft Stove, and we can’t imagine how terrible this fire damage must be to cope with. Craft Stove has been in the community serving people and helping homes be “homey” for so long. We wish them rapid recovery and rebuilding.

If you are a customer of Craft Stove and had services scheduled for the near future, they are asking that people contact them via their Facebook page or email:

Click here for a video of the fire at Craft Stove in Mount Vernon.

Click here for an article about the fire on Skagit Breaking.

Aerial photo courtesy of Skagit Breaking and Jeff Lustick.

Share this post!

Meet the Author

Leave a Reply

Seeking help for house damage?

We may provide the kind of service you need, at lower prices than you'll find elsewhere!

➜   Mold Removal

Want peace of mind about the health of your home?

Sign up for our monthly newsletter, and get professional hacks and tips to make sure you don't need us in the future!

Who are we? Find out here!